terça-feira, 22 de julho de 2008

Ed Ruscha




Twentysix Gasoline Stations
"The first book came out of a play with words. The title came before I even thought about the pictures. I like the word 'gasoline' and I like the specific quality of 'twenty-six.' If you look at the book you will see how well the typography works - I worked on all that before I took the photographs. Above all, the photographs I use are not 'arty' in any sense of the word. ... One of the purposes of my book has to do with making a mass-produced object. The final product has a very commercial, professional feel to it.... I have eliminated all text from my books -- I want absolutely neutral material. My pictures are not that interesting, nor the subject matter...my book is more like a collection of 'readymades'. Edward Ruscha, Artforum interview, 1965. Lippard, Six Years: The dematerialization of the art object from 1966 to 1972, p.11. "The most renowned series of artist's books in the history of the genre," Parr, The Photobook: A History, Vol. II; Castleman, A Century of Artists Books, p. 167

Nenhum comentário: